Slaven Bilic will remain West Ham manager for the time being, according to Sky sources.
Sky Sports News understands the Croatian held talks with co-owner David Sullivan over the past two days following Saturday’s 3-0 Premier League defeat at Newcastle.
West Ham have lost all three of their Premier League matches so far this season and Bilic has been told that performances and results must improve.
Sky Sports News understands West Ham were considering dismissing Bilic following the dismal result at St James’ Park, which left them bottom of the Premier League.
Bilic has also been told that the level of performance – against a newly-promoted team – was totally unacceptable.
The 48-year-old has less than 11 months remaining on his current contract and talks about extending his deal were cancelled earlier this year after a series of poor results.
West Ham backed Bilic in the transfer market this summer following a disappointing 2016/17 campaign, with winger Marko Arnautovic arriving from Stoke for a club-record £25m fee.
Joe Hart, Pablo Zabaleta and Javier Hernandez have also joined the Hammers, but have so far been unable to inspire their new side to a positive result in the Premier League.
West Ham’s owners are big admirers of Rafael Benitez, whose own future at Newcastle is uncertain. The Spaniard has recently expressed discontent at the club’s activity in the transfer market.
Benitez was hours away from becoming West Ham’s manager when they appointed Bilic two years ago but he was offered the Real Madrid job at the last minute.
Sky Sports News understands Benitez has a release clause in his Newcastle contract that is more than £5m.